Home Remedies For Chicken Pox
By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Pauline_Go]Pauline Go
Chicken pox is caused due to a virus. It is highly contagious and afflicts children as well as adults. However, when children get chicken pox, the symptoms are not that severe as when adults get it. With the advent of varicella vaccine, the incidence of chicken pox has greatly reduced in the US but there are still some cases.
The symptoms of chicken pox include fever, fatigue, blisters, itching and loss of appetite. While people who get chicken pox need rest and medication, you can also try home remedies for chicken pox to give them relief.
Here are some simple home remedies for chicken pox that you can try if your child gets chicken pox. These remedies will definitely help to alleviate some of the symptoms.
• It goes without saying that chicken pox rash is quite itchy and you will want to control the itching otherwise bacterial infection of the lesions could set in. Take 2 teaspoons each of marigold flowers and witch hazel leaves. Soak them overnight in one cup of water and then use the water to apply on the blisters.
• Fill your bath tub with cool water and then add a piece of ginger to it. Make the person having chicken pox sit in the bath for around 30 minutes. This home remedy helps to stop the itching.
• Take a glass of water and add half teaspoon of baking soda. Use a soft sponge to gently sponge the body. Let the water and baking soda mixture dry naturally. Once it dries, it will help alleviate the itching.
• For fever, drink Catnip tea sweetened with molasses.
• Many parents are worried that chicken pox blisters will leave permanent scars on their child, especially if the child has been scratching them. Take pure natural homey and gently apply on the dried scabs. This will prevent scarring and also help to lighten the scars.
• Apply Vitamin E oil on the scabs and this home remedy will make the scars disappear quickly.
Pauline Go is an online leading expert in medical industry. She also offers top quality articles like : [http://www.scumdoctor.com/disease-prevention/infectious-diseases/index.html]common infectious diseases, [http://www.scumdoctor.com/disease-prevention/chickenpox/index.html]Chicken Pox Early Symptoms
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Pauline_Go http://EzineArticles.com/?Home-Remedies-For-Chicken-Pox&id=1940007